AdjectiveFeeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful.
Today, I am in a bit of a funk. Not horribly, just a little melancholy. So in order to try and snap myself out of it, I am going to list TEN things that I am grateful for.
1. I have a house to live in.
2. I have a great family.
3. My boys are smarter and more socially adjusted than I was at their ages.
4. I am fairly healthy.
5. I have the awesomest dogs in the world and they love me no matter what! (I know that awesomest is not a real word)
6. There is always plenty of food and water for us.
7. I have freedom.
8. I have a job that is not too bad.
9. I am the manager so nobody can tell me what to do! (they try, though).
10. My desk is by a window so I can watch the sky and trees.
I think the one I feel the most strongly about right now is Freedom. After reading so many articles about the kidnapping victims in Cleveland, I so value every little thing that I am able to do that they couldn't! I can go for a walk outside, I can pick what to wear and eat, I can get in a car and go anywhere, I can tell my husband I don't feel like sex (doesn't go over well, but at least he hasn't tied me up), I can call or text anyone I want, the list goes on and on......
What are you grateful for?